Sunday, February 21, 2010

Workaway makes it too easy to keep traveling

Have I explained workaway.info? Workaway is a website where families, individuals, or organizations register and set up a profile and are looking for volunteers to help in a whole range of different fields. The volunteer gives a few hours of work, usually 5 hours a day 5 days a week, in exchange for food and accommodation. There are no contracts. The site is made for budget travelers, language learners, or culture seekers and families, individuals, or organizations who are looking for help. It is genius. Workaway is where I found this gig in Norway.

I have been thinking that workaway is a great way to travel for cheap, meet interesting people, and to learn a lot by doing an assortment of different jobs. I have decided that I want to take advantage of my time here in Europe and have decided to pursue other workaway gigs before I head to Scotland in April. So I am leaving Norway March 2nd and am heading to the Czech Republic to volunteer for the month at a sustainability project. Then onto Portugal to volunteer at a permaculture eco-village for the first two weeks of April. Then Scotland.

Workaway is brilliant. It's brilliant that I am here. This is exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment