Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thanks Norway

I leave Norway in two days to fly to Prague. I am excited to get to the Czech Republic but I am a little sad I didn't get to see more of Norway before I leave. While in Norway I have only seen the Oslo airport, Randaberg, and Stavanger. While the area I live is beautiful, it would have been nice to see more of the country. I haven't even seen what it looks like here without snow cover. In my mind Norway will always be grey, cold, and snowy. I should make a point of coming back here this summer for a visit.

Besides the small disappointment of not seeing more of the country I am not very sad to be leaving Norway. On the contrary, I am greatly looking forward to gallivanting around Prague and to live in the Bohemian countryside of Czechia.

I was going to make some claims about the country and share some of my observations about Norway, but I have changed my mind. I don't think it's fair to characterize the country based on my limited excursions into the society here. I was mainly in shopping areas and tourist areas and god knows those are horrible areas to base a view on the country (any country).

I will say that I enjoyed walking among the small farms along the sea, I appreciated the Norwegians use of wood in building, I loved listening to the melodious language, and I enjoyed being immersed in another culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment