Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My favorite season

I had been working most of the afternoon and decided to take a tea break and read my book outside on the porch. I took off my socks and shoes to let my feet air out because they have been suffocating. Except to shower, I haven't taken off my socks in three months. I sat back against the wall, wiggled my toes, let the sun shine on my face, and felt the beautiful spring breeze against my skin. Without a doubt, spring is my favorite season.

How could it not be? It's the season to celebrate life. The dormant earth is starting to breath and stretch. The empty branches are starting to bud and flower. Plants are getting prepared to grow. Grass is turning green. Winter snow falls turn to spring showers. It's the season for t-shirts and jeans, walking through the grass barefoot, pleasant weather picnics, picking flowers for fresh bouquets, planting beautiful gardens, and celebrating the start of longer days.

1 comment:

  1. You know winter is over when warm air touches your toes. The best feeling in the world!

    ReplyDelete