Sunday, March 14, 2010

A weekend in Český Krumlov




Cesky Krumlov is a beautiful little town in south Bohemia that sits between the s-shaped bends of the Vltava River. The castle (photo 2) in Cesky Krumlov is one of the biggest in central Europe and the biggest in Czech Republic. The town is quite stunning and I personally think a must see if in the Czech Republic. I stayed the night in a hostel which gave me time to walk amongst the castle grounds, tour the city, walk across it's wooden bridges, see a gypsy band (photo 1) playing in a local pub, taste the local beer (Eggenburg), and to eat a lot of tasty food.
Wondering around town, I thought about how lucky I feel to be having this experience and also thought that I will always look back on this journey with a warm heart. There is something about the Czech Republic that is humbling. Maybe it is the age of the towns, or seeing evidence of a country that was once ruled by a totalitarian government, or seeing a place with so much history. How could one not be humbled?

1 comment:

  1. Were tambourines involved? I feel like Gypsies should be playing tambourines. Also, that Johnny Depp should be there.

    ReplyDelete