Monday, March 8, 2010

A little this a little that

I like my current living situation. I'll tell you why. We always have good music playing, there is a jug of wine on the table at all times, there is good Czech beer chilling in the hall, we have good conversations that lead to bits of laughter, the work is pleasant, the house is sustainably minded, we eat good food, and I have freedom to share my values and ideals.

The work (for me) has consisted of sanding furniture, washing cabinets, designing the garden, keeping up the wood stoves for heat, cooking meals, and washing up. My key job is to help with the design of the garden and it's been great discussing garden plans and coming up with ideas for potential garden designs. Should I design a mandala garden or just square beds? Should we do raised beds or not? What vegetables should we grow? Is there enough sunlight where we want to plant? What plants should we plant where the greywater is draining? I could go on believe me. Designing is so exciting for me, you have no idea.

Currently the house consists of the British married couple who own the home and four volunteers. Three from the States and one from South Africa. We are all native English speaking people but I am finding I still need to translate some things from British English and South African English to States English.

1 comment: