Sunday, March 7, 2010

First weekend






I walk down Bohemian streets with snow falling on my face. I pull my hat further over my eyes, hunch my shoulders, shove my hands in my pockets and carry on walking. I don't mind the snow, I don't mind the cold. When the weather gets unbearable I pop into a cafe and drink espresso and eat sweets. I don't mind the snow, I don't mind the cold. I have castles to see. I have town squares to explore.

Riding in trains and riding in buses. Visiting historic castles and Czech villages. I trace my fingers on stone walls and think about the history of these buildings. I try to imagine all that has happened in between these walls, and I try to wrap my American mind around the age of these towns.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you braved the cold. I love these pictures. It looks so beautiful there. I wish I could have some of those sweets and espresso with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have taken a picture of the counter of sweets. It was like I walked into a magical Willy Wonka land or something.

    ReplyDelete