Saturday, April 3, 2010

In the mountains in Portugal


I'm currently sitting in a cafe in a small village in Portugal surrounded by mountain terraced gardens. To get to the village from the farm I am volunteering at I walked in the gentle rain down a gorge with cascading waterfalls. There was green foliage and blooming flowers around me and it was absolutely beautiful. Am I in a dream? I must be in a dream.

The farm (quinta) I am staying at is terraced gardens in the mountains with a stream going through that leads to the waterfalls at the edge of the property. My room is a traditional Mongolian yurt, which greatly pleases me because I have always had a desire to live in a yurt. So score! The people are very friendly and open and I already feel at home. The diet consists of mostly raw food which totally makes sense here because there are so many wild edibles and greens to eat. I feel very relaxed and comfortable already.

1 comment: